Keith County NE – Southwest Nebraska Real EstateWith its idyllic small towns and expansive farmland, Keith County is a wonderful place to own land. There is so much you can cultivate here. More than 8,000 people currently live in this county, which has a particularly low population density of 8 people per square mile.
Keith County Agricultural Land for Sale, Land for Sale in Nebraska and Nebraska Ranches for SaleThere are many opportunities to own ranch-style homes and acreage in Keith County. Farms here typically grow corn, oats and wheat.
Keith County NE Real Estate and Homes for SaleThe county is perfect for those looking for a place to start a new agricultural operation or expand their current one. Most farms in the county are owned and operated by private individuals or families. The average size of farms here is over 1,700 acres. Keith County Facts
- Keith County is situated near the counties of Lincoln, Perkins, and Arthur. It is over 1000 square miles in land area.
- There are plenty of cattle raising operations all over the state of Nebraska. In Keith County, more than 20 ranches raising cows, horses and sheep are in operation.
- Keith County is home to a lot of scenic lakes and reservoirs. You can visit the Ogallala Lake, Cure Creek Reservoir, Ackley Lake, and many others.
- Ogallala is the only city in this county. Dubbed as the Cowboy Capital of Nebraska, Ogallala is located close to Lake McConaughy. The lake is a state recreation area and a wonderful spot for boating and swimming.
- Many of the residents work in sectors related to farming and construction as sales workers, supervisors, managers or farmers. Many also have jobs in the health care, social assistance and education sectors.